Nameless Performance Cat-Back Exhaust
The layout of the Nissan Sentra SR Turbo factory exhaust lends itself to an affordable mandrel bent performance exhaust system due to its linear layout and ample room under the vehicle. For the catback portion of the exhaust on the SR Turbo, we offer a long list of design advantages, all in a factory fit bolt up exhaust system that requires no cutting or welding for installation. Manufactured in our facility in Woodland, Washington, USA, we take pride in the details of our exhaust systems and invest the best into what we build for our customers:
- Configurable: Choose a muffled or non-muffled single exit system to achieve your desired sound level and tone. This allows customers to choose sound level based on their overall goals for how much of the exhaust they plan to modify. This offers a wide breadth of sound options from the subtle muffled axleback exhaust to the full muffler delete turbo back exhaust system. Both the muffled and non-muffled versions of the catback exhaust offered here are well within manageable sound level for a daily driver.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our Nissan exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, with the exhaust tip featuring a mirror polished finish.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press brake to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, most of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is oversized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these oversized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- Superior Muffler Design: Featuring a proprietary medium density ceramic wool packing material, proprietary stamped inlets and outlet caps for long term structural integrity, our mufflers retain their sound for years, and resist blowouts like can be found in the competition, many of whom simply use light density household fiberglass packing similar to house insulation in their mufflers. While the competition often times doesn't fully pack out mufflers and resonators, our vehicle-specific pre-cut packing blanks ensure that every customer gets the same sound and the same longevity of performance.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. They are CNC formed for a perfect fit. This is another area where we differ from the competition. Most commercially available exhaust hangers are tubular and 400 series ferritic stainless prone to excessive surface rust.
A simple modification like the replacement of the catback exhaust on a car can transform the day to day driving experience for the owner of the vehicle, and this exhaust is no different. We love to claim that the first and foremost benefit to our exhaust systems are that they sound incredible and really make driving more enjoyable. Baffled/chambered factory mufflers are an amazing invention of science, with the ability to cancel specific frequencies of sound to provide a near silent operation. For those of us who are enthusiasts, however, mufflers and resonators that are designed like the factory ones are provide us with zero feedback. Switching to a straight through muffled or non-muffled design brings the tone back to the exhaust sound, with the large diameter muffler cancelling the higher frequency noises and the non-muffled option retaining them for a wider breadth of sound as well as a louder overall decibel range.
The overall result is a catback exhaust that features an elegant design and look on the car with a user configurable sound based on you choice of mufflers.
Beyond the sound signature and improvement in powerband, the most noticeable difference in the addition of our exhaust is the weight savings of 8-14lb depending on muffler configuration.
Muffler Configuration: We offer both a muffled and non-muffled option for the SR Turbo catback exhaust. Take care to consider your choices based on your long term plans for the vehicle as it relates to adding other exhaust modifications. If you plan on modifying more of the exhaust long-term you may want to choose a muffling option to match your long term plans. We currently offer the following two muffler configurations:
- Muffler Delete: Removes the factory secondary muffler from the axleback exhaust and replaces it with a 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust tube. This provides a rich breadth of tone featuring highs, mids and lows across the powerband, with a louder overall exhaust note than the muffled option.
- 5" Diameter Muffler: This option is the same as the muffler delete, but adds our in-house Nameless Performance 5x6 muffler to each of the two circuits of the exhaust. The muffler cancels most of the high and some of the midrange frequencies resulting in a lower tone with a quieter overall amplitude.
Tip Design: This exhaust ships with our single wall slash cut 3.5" Single Wall exhaust tips. They feature a 10 degree slash cut and are mirror polished prior to hand TIG welding.
Installation & Hardware: Installation is a snap with basic hand tools. Removal of the factory exhaust requires removing two fasteners and three exhaust hanger bushings from the factory muffler. Our replacement axleback exhaust is then hung from the factory hanger bushings. We provide upgraded serrated M10x1.25 flange nuts and replacement gaskets that are used when re-installing the upgraded exhaust. Hold the tips centered in the cutout in the bumper and tighten the nuts to ~20ft lb with hand tools.